Summer Internships: U.S. Attorney's Office

By Darcelle Skeete

I am a Law clerk  at the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida, Miami office. The United States Attorney's Office is the  chief law enforcement officer for the district.  This office enforces and defends the laws of the United States of America. 


I  work as a Law clerk in the Civil division of the office. I research , write, and analyze legal issues daily. I have worked on Health Care fraud, Employment Discrimination, and  Asset Collections issues and cases. I have worked with eight Assistant U.S.  Attorneys ('AUSAS') thus far.  In addition, I have attended hearings, depositions, and trials with AUSAS.  I observed a Medicare fraud trial last week.  Incidents of Medicare fraud are very high in the Southern District.


Outside of work I have spent my time networking and socializing in my hometown. Firstly, as a loyal Miami Heat fan I watched every NBA finals basketball game and celebrated the 2012 championship last month. On the weekends I have gone shopping, enjoyed a few comedy shows at the local Improv Comedy club, and attended a few Young Professional networking receptions. Last week I shadowed  Administrative Law Judges and Attorneys at the Department of Health and Human Services Miami Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals to learn more about the Medicare reimbursement appeals process. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group