Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group


Konnichiwa from Japan! 

As I sit down to write this blog post, I am filled with a sense of gratitude and accomplishment as I reflect on my time as an intern at Nihon Keiei Consulting Group in Osaka, Japan. This summer has been nothing short of remarkable, offering me a unique blend of professional development and cultural immersion that I will cherish forever.

 

During my time at Nihon Keiei, I had the opportunity to engage in in-depth research and analysis, creating comprehensive market profiles for the healthcare sectors in the Philippines and India. These profiles laid the foundation for strategic expansion plans, and it was an honor to present my findings and recommendations to a senior consultant during insightful one-on-one meetings. These interactions were not only professionally enriching but also allowed me to witness firsthand how strategic decisions shape the course of an organization's growth.


 

One of the most rewarding experiences during my internship was the development of a comprehensive business plan for the launch of a foreign-owned clinic in the Philippines. This endeavor required me to integrate intricate knowledge of regulatory frameworks, market dynamics, and financial landscapes. Crafting this plan underscored the significance of understanding the legal intricacies and practical requirements for international ventures. 

Beyond the confines of a traditional office, my internship provided me with a front-row seat to the intricacies of Japan's healthcare system. Visiting various healthcare facilities, including long-term care hospitals, pharmacies, and community clinics, offered insights into the diversity of services and approaches that contribute to the nation's healthcare ecosystem. I even had the privilege of witnessing advanced medical technologies firsthand, sitting in a linear accelerator—an experience that highlighted Japan's commitment to cutting-edge care.

Living and working in Japan extended far beyond the professional realm. Exploring the bustling streets of Osaka and Tokyo, visiting ancient shrines, and eating some of the most amazing food—each experience contributed to my personal growth and cultural enrichment. As I navigated this beautiful country, I realized the power of embracing differences and seeking common ground across cultures.

 


As I reflect upon my internship, I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to everyone at Nihon Keiei who made this journey possible. From the dedicated professionals who guided and mentored me to the colleagues who shared their insights, this experience would not have been the same without each one of you. A special thanks to Mayu Fujisawa who accompanied me throughout my internship and always offered an ear; I am truly grateful. 

 

While my time in Japan may be ending for now, the lessons, memories, and connections I have gained will remain with me for a lifetime. As I prepare to embark on new chapters in my academic and professional journey, I am filled with excitement and confidence, knowing that the experiences I've had and the skills I've honed at Nihon Keiei will continue to shape my path forward.

Arigato gozaimasu, Japan. This is not a goodbye, but a heartfelt "see you later."

 

Kanpai to growth, learning, and unforgettable memories!

Adriana “Sofia” Kotchkoski



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology