By: Jace Brady Hello all! I am writing from Atlanta, Georgia, where I am spending my summer with the Emory Clinic. Within the clinic, I am working for the division of cardiology, which sees nearly 500,000 patients a year across 23 clinic locations. Emory is currently undergoing immense growth and structural changes, making this an exciting time to be part of this community. In my short time here, I have managed to get my hands into many aspects of clinic management. I have taken part in budget meetings and rubbed shoulders with many of the decision makers across the organization. I have also had the opportunity to learn about access challenges that face such a large organization and how Emory is working to become a world leader in access. Cardiology is currently implementing guaranteed next day availability for new patients. My major project while I’m here includes creating a staffing model for all the cardiology clinics and creating a standardized work flow for clinic visits. ...
Comments
Post a Comment