Witt-Kieffer

By Nicole Egan, MA, MHA/MPH Candidate 2012



“Why am I so nervous?” That was the question I found myself asking as I started my mock in-person interview with a panel of two alumni. I was participating in the Witt-Kieffer two day seminar put on for second and third year MHA students by the HMP Department in conjunction with Witt-Kieffer, a preeminent executive search firm. The two day seminar included a panel discussion about work/life balance, presentations on tips and advice for phone and in-person interviews, and mock phone and in-person interviews with feedback from both alumni in the industry and fellow students. In addition to two professionals from Witt-Kieffer who facilitated the event, there were several alumni in various points of their career who participated, ranging from a CEO to a young professional right out of her fellowship.

I can easily say the Witt-Kieffer seminar has been the most beneficial event I have been able to participate in to-date during my graduate school career. The presentations were informative and provided details that I had not thought about before from professionals who actively recruit healthcare executives. The mock phone and in-person interviews provided great experience and feedback for my upcoming fellowship phone and in-person interviews. However, what I enjoyed the most was the panel discussion on work/life balance. It provided perspectives from alumni in several stages of their career as well as different perspectives on work/life balance. It was fascinating to see how other people handle work/life balance as well as hearing several tips and tricks to finding the perfect balance for me. This seminar and its benefits are yet another reason why I am consistently happy with my choice to pursue my graduates degrees at the University of Iowa Department of Health Management & Policy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group