Summer Internships: TriStar Health System


By Connie Lee

Hello! I am Connie Lee, interning at the Division office of TriStar Health System, located in Brentwood, TN. TriStar is comprised of 18 hospitals across three states – Tennessee, Kentucky, and Georgia. The system is part of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
 
My preceptors are the Vice President of Performance Management and the Director of Project Management. Accordingly, I have been focused around strategic planning from a system level. The main project I've been tasked with is to create a market analysis of TriStar and our competitors that will be used to carry forward with the Nashville market’s 2013 business planning. This project as well as my internship will culminate with me attending the 2 day planning meeting.
 
I have also been given the opportunity to work toward succession planning on the Director level within TriStar. I have spent a week acting in the capacity of decision support, which allowed me to attend a quarterly review with our division’s leadership team and the group leadership team that it reports to. All in all, my internship has given me a great perspective from a broader system level. Although I am based at Division, I have also been able to visit and work with our hospitals as well as the corporate office of HCA.
 
Outside of my internship, I have enjoyed being back in the South (I mean SEC). I've gone to enough concerts to last a lifetime - CMA Music Fest, Idina Menzel, Rod Stewart, and so on! I've also attempted to take on hiking this summer, but the exercise has unfortunately been offset by all the Southern food I've been eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group