Griffin Berg (MHA '24): Office of Statewide Clinical Education Programs (OSCEP)

Hello from Iowa City! This summer, I have had the opportunity to work as an Administrative Intern for the Office of Statewide Clinical Education Programs (OSCEP) within the Carver College of Medicine. I have been fortunate enough to work under Lynette Lancial, Assistant Director of OSCEP. Lynette is a 1990 graduate of Iowa’s MHA program. She has provided unwavering professional, and personal support since the start of my internship in April. 

My main project this summer has been working on the Opportunities Directory. This is a survey sent out to every hospital and clinic in the state of Iowa to collect data on recruitment needs for various specialties and for advanced practice providers. After collection, a book with all available opportunities will be distributed to resident programs throughout the state and posted online with the intent of retaining providers in Iowa. Additionally, I have had the opportunity to participate in several pieces of training and rounding events to gain broader exposure to careers within healthcare. 


Outside of my internship, I have spent much of my time taking trips to visit friends and family. Most notably, I have traveled to Washington, Florida, and Colorado. In between trips, I fill my time by working out and playing Xbox with my friends. I have had a great summer experience at OSCEP thus far and am excited to continue my work throughout the year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group