Summer Internship: MediRevv

By: Kristin Bramow

It’s week three at MediRevv, and time is flying by! MediRevv is a revenue cycle management (RCM) company that works with a variety of organizations, both hospital and physician, to boost revenue by providing RCM services in self-pay, insurance, and coding. I have to say that, although I knew how much culture is emphasized within these walls, the reality of it was not realized until I stepped through the door. In just the few short weeks I have been here, there have been countless events, including a fundraising week for The Red Nose Day, a Minute to Win It competition, a Massage Day, and even free donuts for National Donut Day! 


Every member of the team here at MediRevv, from front line staff to the executive team, has been so welcoming. This organization puts its employees first, and working in this type of environment has me really excited for the future weeks to come. During my first week, I was able to meet with the executive team members one-on-one to discuss their roles, as well as possible project ideas and events occurring over the next 12 weeks for me to assist with. I have already completed several projects, including a sales analysis and a financial analysis. 

Currently, I am working with the Operations and Technology Departments to conduct a pilot to compare vendors, as well as develop an ROI estimate on the vendor investment. Next week, I will begin a “vendor vetting” project of my own with the help of the VP of Technology.  This internship has already proven to be engaging and exciting, and has exposed me to a large variety of different types of projects. I feel blessed to work in such an amazing organization and am looking forward to what this summer has in store.

P.S. Shout out to all of my classmates: Congratulations on beginning your internships! I am so excited to hear about your experiences this summer. I hope your internships are everything you wanted and more! Come back to Iowa City soon J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group