Summer Internship: The Emory Clinic

By: Jace Brady

Hello all! I am writing from Atlanta, Georgia, where I am spending my summer with the Emory Clinic. Within the clinic, I am working for the division of cardiology, which sees nearly 500,000 patients a year across 23 clinic locations. Emory is currently undergoing immense growth and structural changes, making this an exciting time to be part of this community.

In my short time here, I have managed to get my hands into many aspects of clinic management. I have taken part in budget meetings and rubbed shoulders with many of the decision makers across the organization. I have also had the opportunity to learn about access challenges that face such a large organization and how Emory is working to become a world leader in access. Cardiology is currently implementing guaranteed next day availability for new patients.

My major project while I’m here includes creating a staffing model for all the cardiology clinics and creating a standardized work flow for clinic visits. This means I will get to travel throughout Georgia and visit clinics all across the state. Creating a staffing model will also provide me the opportunity to exercise and expand my Excel skill through the development of a dashboard tool. Hopefully, this will provide Emory cardiology with a flexible and sustainable staffing model that will meet the ever changing needs of the organization.

Of course, things aren’t all work here in Atlanta. This city is the home of world class museums, zoos, food and baseball teams (other years). During my time here, I have been able to experience all of these and am excited to continue exploring as the summer continues.

Though I have only been here a few weeks, this internship has been a great opportunity to apply what I have learned in the program and make a contribution to a leading healthcare organization.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group