Summer Internship: MediRevv


By: Loralyn Werkmeister (MHA/MBA, 2019)
This summer I’ve had the pleasure of interning with MediRevv, here in Coralville, Iowa. MediRevv is a revenue cycle management company that helps healthcare organizations across the United States improve cash flow and grow revenue. Through its wide array of service lines such as full business office outsourcing, insurance and patient pay A/R follow up, and medical coding services, MediRevv serves as a valued partner to academic medical centers, physician groups, and local community hospitals alike. MediRevv is in its 11th year of operation and was recently named the Corridor Business Journal’s 11th Fastest Growing Company! 
There are many sayings at MediRevv, including that of Work Hard, Play Hard. And you know they mean it when it’s printed on the lanyards staff wear with their badges every day! My time with MediRevv has been just that- I’ve worked hard, and I’ve played hard. I’ve been fortunate to shadow and work with many of the departments throughout the organization, including Operations, Finance, Sales, Business Intelligence, and Human Resources. My projects have included an analysis of current outbound call strategies from which we developed recommendations to be piloted with the goal of better serving our clients’ patients and increasing our clients’ cashflows. Additional projects have focused on formalizing the Go Live process for new client and software implementations, as well as identifying improvement opportunities in the training process for newly hired insurance and patient pay representatives. My favorite project however, has been assisting with the implementation of MediRevv’s new strategic plan. It’s exciting to be a part of the roadmap MediRevv is using to drive its future success.
And as I mentioned above, I’ve had a lot of fun along the way! I’ve enjoyed traveling with the leadership team on both current and prospective client visits, I’ve been soaked by a water balloon during an All Staff Minute to Win It Challenge, and I’ve beat the summer heat with free ice cream on Fridays! And while I’ve enjoyed these events, it’s really the people at MediRevv who’ve made my summer so enjoyable. The University of Iowa’s Master of Healthcare Administration program has a strong presence at MediRevv, with four alumni working throughout the organization, including CEO and Founder, Chris Klitgaard.
Outside of work, I’ve done my fair share of traveling to Dallas, Saint Louis and Des Moines. I’ve also got my groove on at many, many weddings. But don’t worry! I haven’t forgot how to be a student. My online Operations and Supply Chain Management MBA course is keeping my study habits in check. I look forward to the rest of my summer experience and reconnecting with my peers this fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group