Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Hello! My name is Alexa Colella and I am an incoming 2nd year Master of Health Administration student at the University of Iowa. My professional interests include entrepreneurship, workplace culture and health, holistic health, health innovation, and health technology. My personal interests include weightlifting, hiking, traveling, thrill-seeking, theatre, reading, animal documentaries, and photography.

This summer, I am completing an administrative internship with revology, in the heart of downtown Iowa City. revology is a technology-enabled revenue cycle management startup firm that helps providers get more from their revenue cycle. Our good humans and smart technology enable health systems across the U.S. to transform their revenue cycle management process, adding more to their bottom line. My preceptor this summer is Chris Klitgaard, the CEO of revology. Chris is an alumnus of our MHA program and has been working in revenue cycle for most of his career. He has started two companies to date, so he is the perfect preceptor for me! He is very driven and has vast experience with the ups and downs of entrepreneurship. Further, he has transformed his workplace culture by focusing on the authenticity and growth of his employees. 

Since I am completing an internship with a startup company, I’ve had my hand in quite a few projects.
For this post, I will focus on my most significant projects. Most of my time this summer has been spent with the Sales and Marketing team. I’ve been working with our VPs to nail down how we want to introduce our organization, our product, and our services to health systems. I’ve edited presentations for potential clients, created messaging templates, designed social media content, and researched rebranding opportunities within the organization, to name a few. Additionally, I managed our very first prospect email campaign. This entailed narrowing the search of prospects, creating campaign-specific templates, and generating sales flows that would be monitored by our VP of Sales.
 

Experientially, I attended our Executive Leadership Team Leadership Meeting. This meeting is the one-time monthly/bi-monthly that our entire executive board gets together in person to discuss the organization. We spent two days together reviewing all aspects of revology, from finances to policy changes. It reminded me of a mini retreat because the team and I spent our entire days together, which led to greater bonding between leaders. 

Outside of my internship, I’ve been enjoying as much time outdoors as possible. My boyfriend, two dogs, and I love hiking and swimming at Palisades-Kepler and Lake Macbride State Parks. We’ve taken many motorcycle rides to cultural festivals and concerts, enjoying these experiences with our friends and family. In June, my family and I took a trip to Osprey, Florida to hang out at the beach and their new retirement home. The most memorable part of the trip was swimming in the ocean when two manatees approached! To round out my summer, I’ve chosen to learn Italian. Both of my parents are fluent, and we have family in Italy, which is why I am excited to surprise them the next time I visit! Thanks for reading! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group