Summer Internships: UCSF

At a Giants game
By Lucas Johnson


This summer I am interning in the Project Management Office at UC San Francisco under UIowa MHA Alumnus Susan Sall. UCSF is currently undergoing one of the largest organizational restructurings in its history, which has provided a truly unique exposure to change management. UCSF is in the process of not only restructuring its entire HR organization, but also preparing for a UC wide operational standardization/ consolidation initiative. The majority of my work has involved facilitating this change through various assignments including process mapping and planning the organization’s IT footprint.
As for extracurricular activities, I have enjoyed the SF culture (e.g. Giant’s games, biking, jazz clubs, street festivals etc.).  As I dive deeper into my project work and continue to assimilate with the Bay, the summer shows strong potential to become only more interesting and rewarding.


View from my office 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group