Summer Internship: Story County Medical Center

By: Kevin Blake

Hello from Story County! I am spending my summer internship deep in Cyclone country while I work with Tim Ahlers, CEO of Story County Medical Center in Nevada, IA. The Story County Medical Center organization is comprised of a critical access hospital, and three clinics, predominantly serving the eastern half of Story County. It is an exciting time to be here as there are many changes taking place to improve the care and services offered to our 
patients.
 
During my short time with Story County Medical Center I have had the privilege to be included in almost everything that goes on; from meetings, to leadership training and team building, and current executive level projects. I have been able to bring much of my previous work experience to the table with this organization, through various projects assigned to me or those I am asked to provide an outsiders opinion on.

Some of the current projects that I am working on are: writing a business plan for service lines looking to be added, identify and develop an understanding of Iowa's telemedicine regulations, review current registration policies and procedures, assist with strategic planning, and assess service lines for efficiency.

So far, this has been a great experience with Tim and the rest of the staff here at Story County Medical Center. I'm looking forward to a continued fun and eventful summer!


Go Hawks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group