Summer Internship: MediRevv


By: Brian Rose


 Greetings and salutations!

I hope this post finds you all well and enjoying summer from wherever that may be. Like my fellow classmates, I’m fortunate enough to have been afforded an opportunity to be a part of an awesome organization this summer. I’m rapidly approaching the close of my first month with MediRevv and couldn’t be more excited about what the rest of my time here has in store.

In brief, MediRevv is a healthcare revenue cycle management company based out of Coralville, IA. They deliver an array of revenue cycle solutions to hospitals, health systems, and physician groups across the United States. Currently in MediRevv’s arsenal are the following services: extended business office support, full business office outsourcing, accounts receivable conversion assistance, and coding services.

What MediRevv is really about stems less from its service offerings and more from its culture, its people, and its temperament that is exhibited every day. I got to experience MediRevv’s culture from Day 1. From a night at the ballpark to a Minute to Win It challenge, it’s been a great time getting to know this organization and its people.

Of course, it hasn’t been all fun and games – there is work to be done. At the start of my internship, I met with senior management and executives to identify project opportunities throughout the summer. One of my current projects is to evaluate the impact of a screen scraping technology that provides potentially huge consequences for working claims. Another is to explore the possibility of a speech analytics platform that has tremendous influence in the quality assurance realm, including the ability to measure sentiment during phone conversations. A third project is to identify a path to automate work strategy audits for supervisors. And that’s just a glimpse of what I’m working on!

Outside of work, I’ve enjoyed the luxury of being close to family and friends. I’ve also been playing a lot of golf and trying to salvage positives out of an abysmal start to the season for the Cubs. I look forward to reading about my fellow classmates’ experiences and reuniting with everyone in the fall.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group