Fellow Update - Kate Quigley (MHA '18)

By: Kate Quigley (MHA '18)
I’m surrounded by mountains, lakes and completely new faces. As one of three administrative fellows for MultiCare Health System, and the first in the Inland Northwest region, I’ve been afforded incredible opportunities to not only shape my experience, but the experience of future fellows and interns in Spokane. 
As a predominantly project-based fellowship, I’ve learned and lead meaningful, system-level initiatives and projects. The main project of my fellowship included developing our region’s rural health strategy, including gathering and presenting market data, road trips with my preceptor to Eastern and Central Washington state, and developing system-level strategic retreats. With this project, I collaborated with system and community leaders to keep patients in local communities, while building direct partnerships for seamless patient care. 
Kate Quigley (MHA '18)
Current Administrative Fellow - MultiCare Health System 
Additionally, I served as project lead to develop and implement a regional transfer center. This included working with internal stakeholders, such as nursing leaders, hospital leadership, and physicians. With this project, we have built trust in not only our facility, but throughout the greater Spokane community. Other projects include leading a construction project to install a new piece of interventional radiology equipment, developing a business plan to provide contracted, exclusive medical care with a local university, and participating in a survey and successfully achieving DNV Comprehensive Stroke Certification. 
I would not have wanted to change my fellowship for anything. I was given an incredible opportunity to learn from a diverse, welcoming, and incredibly smart leadership team in a unique time in the organization’s history. Trust is the necessary foundation for success in this industry, and I’ve been lucky enough to live and breathe that for a year. After my fellowship, I will be staying on as program manager and administrative lead for MultiCare Neuroscience Institute’s Stroke and Neurovascular Center of Excellence. Is excited or nervous the right word?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group