Summer Internship: Olmsted Medical Center

By Aaron Morse (MHA/MBA '18)

I’m writing from Rochester, Minnesota to tell you about how incredible my time here as the Administration Intern for Olmsted Medical Center (OMC) has been. Since completing orientation in late May, I have had the opportunity to attend incredible meetings, gain exposure to the operations of a community hospital, and work on a number of meaningful and valuable projects.

During my time as an intern I’ve been lucky enough to assist and get my hands on a number of projects.  One of these projects includes creating templates and processes to be used in streamlining the physician recruitment process. I have also been able to work with the Telehealth Core Team and the rest of the IT department in developing a long term strategy for virtual healthcare within the organization. In addition, I have been a team leader in completing the applications for a couple quality awards which has allowed me to do deep dives into several OMC quality initiatives and really understand the roles, engagement, and processes involved to roll these initiatives out.

 In addition to everything else, I’ve found that everyone at OMC has a great deal of fun and camaraderie while putting in work to deliver top quality patient centered care. I have even been able to visit several branch clinic annual cookouts and participate in the foundation’s annual croquet tournament!       

I’ve also had a wonderful time exploring Rochester this summer outside of work. I have been able to attend several Rochester Honkers baseball games and have also made it to several local concerts and community events. Rochester is close enough to the Twin Cities and my hometown of Mason City, Iowa that I am able to travel to other summer events.

 I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer and I am excited to see everyone again in a few weeks!                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group