Summer Experience: Summer Associate at McDermott Will & Emery LLP

By: Dexter Golinghorst (JD/MHA '20)

Greetings from Chicago!

It is hard to believe that the summer is winding down. I’ve just concluded my eighth week at McDermott Will & Emery LLP as a summer associate in the firm’s health care group in the Chicago office.

McDermott Will & Emery is an international law firm with 20 offices located across the United States and around the globe. McDermott has over 1,100 attorneys working for the firm in multiple areas of expertise. I am in the health group, which was recently recognized as the Health Practice Group of the Year by Law360.

As a summer associate, I have worked on several projects ranging from broad research projects, to discrete regulatory matters. I have also had the opportunity to work on health transactions and participate in client calls and presentations. It has been really great to see attorneys at the top of their game in action and the work alongside other Iowa JD/MHA alumni that work at the firm.

When I am not in the office, you can catch me exploring what Chicago has to offer. Having just moved to the city for the first time this summer, there has been no shortage of local festivals, museums and, of course, Cubs games to explore. I’ve also been able to connect with other classmates and friends working in Chicago this summer.

As the summer winds down, I am looking forward to returning to Iowa City to complete my degree and enjoy a final year of life as a student before taking the bar exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group