Matt Fagan - Foley & Lardner LLP (JD/MHA '27)

 Hello from Denver, Colorado!


This summer, I've had an amazing opportunity to work at Foley & Lardner LLP as a Summer Associate. Foley & Lardner is an AM Law 100 law firm with over 1100 attorneys and 27 offices worldwide.  


This summer, I completed over 50 projects. I spent the majority of my time working with the law firm's healthcare group on various transactions and deals. This included performing tasks such as negotiating letters of intent, drafting confidentiality agreements, and performing due diligence.



I also provided several answers to regulatory questions, created company formation documents in a variety of states, reviewed and revised various types of contracts, and drafted demand letters. 


One of the best parts of my summer associateship has been getting to know the associates and partners who currently work full-time at the firm. Many of these people have gone above and beyond to ensure that I've had a great summer, whether that be by providing me with opportunities to work on interesting projects or by offering to take me to great lunch spots across the city. 


Outside of the work week at Foley & Lardner, I have been exploring the Denver metro, hiking, golfing, and helping my fiancée plan our wedding. I had a fantastic summer with Foley & Lardner this year, and I am very thankful to have the opportunity to rejoin the firm on a full-time basis post-graduation!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Madison Anderson- CGH Medical Center (MHA '26)

Summer Internship: The Emory Clinic

Jashan Gill (MHA '24): University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics - Ambulatory Care Operations