Hello friends!
My name is Natalie Cargin, and I am currently the administrative intern under Tom Mulrooney at the University of Iowa Health Care’s University Campus (MCU)! Tom is the Chief Administrative Officer of Ambulatory Services throughout the enterprise, covering MCU, MCD, MCNL, IRL, and Community Clinics.
Throughout my internship, I have spent a lot of time shadowing Tom, getting a front-row seat to all the amazing work he does for UI Health Care. This has allowed me to meet people from all throughout the organization, from the executive team to frontline staff. I have also had the opportunity to sit in on countless meetings, learning about everything going on in the ambulatory world.
Some of my most valuable experiences have been working on business plans for large capital projects, developing a governance meeting structure for department leadership, and shadowing several clinic managers to learn about day-to-day operations in different settings. I also was able to watch a few Mohs surgeries, which was definitely a highlight of my summer.
Outside of the hospital, I have enjoyed spending time with family and friends, including my fellow Iowa MHAs who are here for the summer. I have been booked and busy with weekend trips, downtown festivities, and outdoor activities, including bike riding with my fiancé. My favorite part of the summer was getting to celebrate one of my best friends getting married!
Overall, I am very grateful for all of the amazing opportunities and experiences that this summer has given me. I have grown professionally in many ways, and I am excited to carry all the lessons I have learned into the next chapter of my career.
Comments
Post a Comment