Summer Internship: Advocate Physician Partners


By: Aarij Siddiqui (MHA '20)
Greetings from Rolling Meadows located in the greater Chicago Area. I have spent 3 weeks here as part of the Advocate team and the experience has been incredible. My internship is not based around one hospital but the overall Advocate Physicians Partners (APP) health system. I am working with the Field Operations team with Mathew Hendrick who is the director of the Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Scott Kent who is the Vice President of the field operations team for APP north.

Currently, I am working on a quality project to better analyze where the PHOs are lacking and where the opportunities are. Advocate is an organization that is committed to improving the quality of healthcare that it provides its patients year after year. Furthermore, the healthcare landscape is tilting towards reimbursing healthcare facilities for their performance on quality metrics. With this thought in mind, my job is finding out where Advocate can improve the quality of care that it provides its patients by better utilizing its care network.
Another interesting project that I am working on is to analyze the criteria for choosing medical sites for Epic implementation. While I do know that the time I have at advocate would not be sufficient to tackle this mammoth task, however, I do want to do the best I can to lower the burden on the person who would carry forward this task after me.
Outside of work, I try to explore Chicago as much as I can. I personally got to visit a ton of music stores which has been on my agenda for quite a while. On the top of the checklist of things that I wanted to do was skydiving. I am planning on going in two weeks’ time. Chicago has a number of museums which I am definitely going to explore in the coming weeks as well.
Overall, my limited experience at APP and in Chicago has been incredible and I am excited about the future adventures that await me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group