Summer Internship: MediRevv


By: Salvatore Lopez (MHA '20)
Hello folks! This summer I’ve had the opportunity to intern with MediRevv located in the University of Iowa’s Research Park in Coralville. MediRevv is a revenue cycle management firm that assists healthcare organizations in generating revenue and improving cashflows. MediRevv provides a wide array of services to healthcare providers such as maximizing self-pay programs through propensity to pay and patient interaction technology, in addition to providing expert level coding services to reduce claim denials and improve coding accuracy. In the past few weeks, MediRevv has appeared on The Becker’s Healthcare “Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare” list for 2019 and the Corridor Business Journal “Fastest Growing Companies” list that features companies that have made significant contributions to their local economies.
One of the first things that became apparent to me as I began my internship at MediRevv was the emphasis on culture. The level in which workplace culture is valued at MediRevv is unparallel compared to my past work experiences. The “MediRevv Mindset” guides its culture to find the right balance between partners, people and performance. The balance is achieved through three mottos – Anticipate Change, Innovate & Grow; Be Authentic, Even Weird; and Work Hard, Play Hard. These mottos illuminate the inclusive and exciting culture MediRevv aims to create. 

Although I’ve only been at MediRevv for two weeks, I am incredibly excited for the summer ahead of me. I’ve begun work on projects related to redesigning our patient pay service line and assisting our marketing team on new initiatives and ongoing projects. Working underneath Iowa MHA alumnus Chris Klitgaard, founder and CEO of MediRevv, has allowed me to join projects from virtually any department at MediRevv. I hope to gain as much experience and knowledge as possible from my unique internship this summer.

Outside of work, I was recently able to travel south to Nashville, Tennessee with some of my family to enjoy world famous barbeque and more live country music than any other place on earth. Although I love traveling, I’m exited to spend my summer nights and weekends in Iowa City enjoying the many community and arts festivals throughout the summer. Feel free to reach out to me and learn more about my summer experiences at MediRevv and in Iowa City!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group