Dhuha Tawil (MHA '23): Medirevv

Hello from Coralville!

This summer, I have had an opportunity of a lifetime by witnessing the final merger and acquisition of UIowa MHA’s beloved Medirevv and 13 other organizations. Medirevv has had a Uiowa intern every year since 2007 and sadly I will be the last intern of this long tradition.

Medirevv founded by Chris Klitgaard, a program alum, is a revenue cycle management company that has expanded across the nation exponentially over the years.  Using innovative and progressive approaches with technology and cultural work management techniques, Medirevv changed the way traditional end to end revenue cycle management was done for healthcare and its partnership with hospitals, large physician groups, and health systems. As you can imagine, end to end revenue cycle management is complex and I have been exposed to a breadth of departments like patient pay solutions, client delivery, insurance receivables follow up and medical coding services.

In 2020, one of America’s largest physician organizations called Providence decided to combine all of its existing investments and acquisitions – 14 of them into one group called Tegria. It is a huge merger and not a common method, so it’s been challenging and interesting to witness and be part of such great changes.

I am currently part of many projects across a diverse array of departments. I work directly with the senior leadership team and some projects I have been working on are with operations, merger/acquisition issues, finance, and even offshore contracts. My most valuable experience is not just the hands-on learning but observing high level meetings with seasoned leadership and gaining invaluable experience on daily operational and strategic direction in a high stress work cultural dynamic.

My preceptor Liz Urdahl, a program alum and former Medirevv intern, has been great to work with because she understands my role well and is someone, I can seek advice and wisdom with when things get tough. I feel incredibly lucky to have a wonderful opportunity this summer and beyond and I wouldn’t ask it for any other way.

Outside of working I have been having a lot of fun this summer just relaxing and spending tons of time with my family and friends!! Exploring lots of local trails and hikes! I am looking forward to spending some time in Atlanta soon to visit my brother and eat some good southern soul food! One of my favorite things to go to this summer was the diversity fair in Iowa City every Saturday – I have had some great Mexican street food (pic description: in my hand is a fresh mango with chili sauce and creamed corn in a cup – also bought some cute African earrings!) and it’s just so fun seeing some great people who work hard for their communities and families. This summer has flown by, and I am excited to hear about all the skills and knowledge my classmates have gained. I am truly looking forward to the last and final year of grad school!

 

*A Note From The Editor*

If you would like to keep up with Dhuha, you can find her here on LinkedIn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group