Student Spotlight: Catherine Gehlsen



Name: Catherine Gehlsen

Hometown: Ankeny, IA

Undergraduate University / Degree: Luther College; Biology and French

Current Program: Masters of Healthcare Administration

Areas of Interest: Rural Health, Women’s and Children’s Health

Why Iowa? Iowa has one of the best alumni networks in the country, and it offered me a chance to be a part of something great in my home state.

Favorite graduate school experience? My summer internship at Mercy Health Network really gave me a wonderful perspective of what is in the healthcare field. I had so many valuable experiences this summer, and I am really itching to get back!

In kindergarten, what did you want to be when you grew up? Definitely a dancer. That ended when I went to my first dance class.

What would we be surprised to know about you? I was a soccer player through college and had the chance to play at Luther! I played center-mid, and that's where I get my love of running. I ran ALL the time. I don't get to play as much as I want now, but I try to play as often as I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group