Student Spotlight: Joe Kim



Name: Joe Kim

Hometown: Wilmette, IL

Undergraduate University / Degree: Pre-Med & Music

Current Program: MHA

Areas of Interest: Individuals with special needs, end-of-life care

Why Iowa? I came here for my undergraduate degree and couldn't find a reason to leave. The people, culture, and environment are top of the line. The kind, generous, and hardworking mentality of Iowans are contagious. 

Why Healthcare? I've always had an interest in medicine. Through two organizational leadership opportunities in undergrad, Founder & President of the University of Iowa Special Olympics Organization and Founding Father of Delta Tau Delta Fraternity, I realized that the best way I can be utilized is through health administration. In the end, what's most important to me in my work is that I have the chance to help people. 
 
Favorite Graduate School Experience? Holiday Hop

In kindergarten, what did you want to be when you grew up? Awesome

What would we be surprised to know about you? In high school, I was in a pop punk band that recorded and album and released a single on iTunes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group