Student Spotlight: Weston Riesselman



Name: Weston Riesselman

Hometown: Boone, IA

Undergraduate University / Degree: University of Northern Iowa with a degree in Health Promotion: Global Health and Health Disparities

Current Program:  Master of Health Administration

Areas of Interest: I am someone that loves to move, run, lift weights, and cook meals with others.  I enjoy cool weather outside, and a football game with some of my close friends.

Why Iowa?  Iowa has an absurdly strong reputation in the areas of health, and I wanted to be able to be a contributor to that reputation.  

Why Healthcare? Healthcare is a mix of service, sales, and customer experience. It has business decisions mixed with moral decisions, and how they are intertwined is extremely interesting to me. There are many ways that healthcare has failed individuals and families, and I want to be part of the process that makes healthcare better than it currently is. There are so many ways to make progress, and I want to help take a few steps forward.

In kindergarten, what did you want to be when you grew up? I know people are going to think that I am making this up, but there was a long time where I wanted to be a professional snowman. After I learned that it was only seasonal work, I wanted to be a train engineer and drive trains to my dad's grain cooperative. 

What would we be surprised to know about you? I was nationally ranked in the long jump for a few years, and have been able to personally meet over 10 Olympians. I am also obsessed with Christmas season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group