Student Spotlight: Jure Baloh



Name: Jure Baloh

Hometown: Domzale, Slovenia, EU

Undergraduate University / Degree: University of Ljubljana, BS in Management and Organization

Graduate University/Degree: University of Missouri, MHA

Current Program: University of Iowa, PhD in Health Services

Areas of Interest: Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, Organizational Theories, Implementation Science

Why Iowa? The people at the department. Of course, the reputation and rankings matter, but other programs have that too. What really tipped the scales was my interaction with the people when I came for a visit. I knew this place would be a good fit for me.

Why Healthcare? I find healthcare both challenging and meaningful. Its complexity and the range of intriguing issues keep my mind engaged. But there is something for the heart too – health and healthcare undeniably make a difference in people’s lives, which keeps me going.

In kindergarten, what did you want to be when you grew up? Bricklayer/construction worker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group