Ben Cobin (MHA '22): MediRevv - Iowa City

 Hello Everyone! 

This summer, I have had the incredible opportunity to intern with MediRevv in Iowa City. Founded by Chris Klitgaard, a program alum, MediRevv is a Revenue Cycle Management company that has grown like wildfire in the last ten years. At MediRevv, we work on the financial side of healthcare, making sure patients are billed correctly, and payments flow to healthcare organizations effectively. There is so much more than I could have imagined that goes into this process, and MediRevv does an incredible job making the process streamlined and efficient.

MediRevv works with clients across the country, which means I have had great exposure to how different healthcare systems function and how different policies impact them. We serve clients in many capacities, from full end-to-end management to singular aspects of the revenue cycle. Patients can be patient pay, commercially insured, or insured by the government. This makes work at MediRevv dynamic and challenging as I am constantly learning about new sectors of our organization.

I am currently part of many projects at MediRevv across nearly every department here. I work with Chris and the senior leadership team, where I help with projects in finance, operations, human resources, marketing, and data analytics. One of the projects I am working on is creating a financial dashboard for the senior leadership team. This displays metrics like cont margin and monthly revenue so the leaders can keep a pulse on our financial health. I am also helping with internal analytics like measuring printing productivity and assisting on the newly launched data science project. At the same time, MediRevv is growing exponentially, and getting to be a part of high-level meetings and conversations has been an invaluable experience.

Outside of work, I have been enjoying a relaxing summer in Iowa City. I spend most of my free time with my best friend Leo, exploring trails and parks throughout Iowa (I’m sure there is a picture of us on this post). I have a trip planned for Michigan in July, and then I’m going to Paris the first week of August! Overall, this summer has been a blast, and it has really flown by. I’m excited to hear about my classmate's experiences and looking forward to a great second (and final) year at our program!

*A Note From The Editor*

If you would like to keep up with Ben, you can find him here on LinkedIn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group