Sam Cropper (JD/MHA '22): Lane & Waterman, LLP


 Hello from the Quad Cities!!!!!!

Things have been busy this summer! I am currently in my seventh of twelve weeks here as a Summer Associate with Lane & Waterman, LLP.

Lane & Waterman is a regional law firm with Moline, Illinois, and Davenport, Iowa. The firm has just under 50 attorneys who have expertise in multiple areas of the law. Lane & Waterman has been regionally ranked on the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list for many years.

As a Summer Associate, I complete projects with multiple different practice groups. Given my healthcare focus, 65% of my projects fall under the “health law” umbrella. I have completed 19 various projects these last seven weeks ranging from transactional work for a local healthcare system to medical malpractice defense work for multiple healthcare clients. Despite only 65% of my work related to healthcare, the business focus within my MHA has been put to good use as I have completed projects regarding secured transactions and labor & employment.

My wife (Ellie) and I have had an enjoyable summer in the Quad Cities and outside of it too. Before I started at Lane & Waterman, we traveled to Kauai, Hawaii, to celebrate Ellie’s graduation from her Master of Social Work program. We had fun going on a lot of tours around the island. Getting seasick on the boat tour was not the happiest moment of my life, though. While In the Quad Cities, we have enjoyed spending time with family, going to baseball games (Go River Bandits!), watching movies at the drive-in movie theatre, and even getting pedicures! This week I am looking forward to attending the John Deere Classic as an outing with the firm.





As the summer continues, I am looking forward to returning to the Iowa City area for another fun-filled school year.

*A Note From The Author*
If you would like to keep up with Sam, you can find him here on LinkedIn!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group