Summer Internship: Lurie Children's Hospital

By: Bradley Jessen


Hello Everyone!

This summer I’ve had the amazing opportunity to intern at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Lurie Children’s Hospital is a not-for-profit freestanding pediatric academic medical center located in the heart of downtown Chicago, Illinois. On top of their nationally ranked academic medical center, Lurie Children’s is accompanied by outpatient centers, primary care locations, and affiliated physicians across the Chicagoland area. During my internship, I have been fortunate to work under two amazing preceptors, Jill Keats, Vice President of Program Development and Ron Blaustein, CFO and Senior Vice President. Both have longstanding careers dedicated to Lurie Children’s mission of bringing top of the line care to children and furthering pediatric medicine.

 

During my time at Lurie Children’s I have been fortunate to work on wide a range of projects including daily employee screening for COVID-19 operations and planning, home health access for children with medical complexities, market research, a continuing medical education summer series devoted to COVID-19 related topics, and an analysis of imaging practices in the emergency setting. I have had an incredible experience working with many different types of healthcare professionals from different backgrounds on these projects, and am grateful for all of the support the Lurie Children’s team has given me in the last 9 weeks. Additionally, along with my co-intern, I have been fortunate to meet and speak with many different leaders within the institution in order to learn about their work and thoughts on the current climate of healthcare.

 

Outside of my work at Lurie Children’s, I have been able to explore a small part of the Chicago city and I am looking forward to seeing even more of the city as I close out the end of my internship in mid-August. I am so thankful for the opportunity to work alongside so many distinguished professionals and have been blessed to work alongside not only my co-intern but the current administrative fellow and a few MHA graduates. I have learned so many new and exciting things in my brief period in Chicago and I cannot wait to apply them in practice myself.

 

On Iowa!

Bradley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devante Davis (MHA '24): UCHealth - Southern Region

Alexa Colella (MHA '24): revology

Adriana Kotchkoski (MHA '24): Nihon Keiei Consulting Group